We provide our patients with high quality individualized care for all medical and surgical problems. We rely on credentials and care over commercials and gimmicks. Our physicians see each patient personally to diagnose and treat their problems . If surgery becomes necessary due to a medical problem or if an elective procedure such as refractive surgery is to be performed, our physicians personally see each patient before and after the surgery to reduce problems and/or complications. Our physicians perform the surgery themselves and do not allow technicians to perform parts of the surgery.Our patients and their care is our most important goal and each patient is treated with this in mind.
- DR. MACKMAN WAS NAMED "BEST DOC" AS ONE OF PHOENIX'S BEST DOCTORS IN THE 4/07 ISSUE OF PHOENIX MAGAZINE. TO SEE THE LISTING, CLICK TOP DOCS ON FAR LEFT.
- DR.MACKMAN HAS BEEN LISTED AS A NATIONAL TOP DOC. TO SEE THE LISTING, CLICK THE FAR LEFT TAB- NATIONAL TOP DOC
- Phakic intra-ocular lenses, or ICL'S, are the newest and most exciting advance in refractive surgery. Within the next 3-6 months, the FDA is expected to approve these lenses for correction of near and farsightedness, as well as astigmatism.The range of correction with this lens is far greater than any other procedure, including Lasik, and the visual quality is expected to be much greater as well, especially at higher levels of correction.
CLICK ON "PHAKIC ICL" BUTTON AT THE FAR LEFT FOR MORE INFORMATION!
- NEAR VISION CORRECTION!!!
MEDICARE HAS RECENTLY APPROVED NEW MULTIFOCAL LENSES WHICH WILL CORRECT NEAR AND FAR VISION IN PATIENTS WHO HAVE CATARACT SURGERY. PATIENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY OUT OF POCKET THE DIFFERENCE IN COST BETWEEN THE NEW PROCEDDURE AND THE STANDARD CATARACT EXTRACTION AND LENS IMPLANT PROCEDURE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK THE "NEAR VISION CORRECTION" TAB ON THE FAR LEFT OF THIS PAGE.
- NEW STUDY SHOWS NIGHT VISION DECREASED IN 20-50% OF PATIENTS AFTER LASIK SURGERY. THE LEAST AFFECT, WAS WITH THE VISX STAR S3 LASER.( THE MAIN LASER DR.MACKMAN USES FOR TRADITIONAL AND CUSTOM LASIK). SEE THE CLICK TAB ON THE FAR LEFT OF THE PAGE FOR MORE DETAIL.
- AN UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATION OF THE LAS VEGAS LASER VISION INSTITUTE UNCOVERS SOME VERY DISTURBING PRACTICES IN LASER VISION CORRECTION. FOR DETAILS, SEE THE FULL REPORT AT THE FAR LEFT OF THIS PAGE- "LVI INVESTIGATION".
- THE FDA HAS APPROVED THE NEW WAVEFRONT CUSTOM ABLATION SYSTEM.THIS SYSTEM MAY GIVE YOU VISION BETTER THAN YOU EVER HAD WITH CONTACTS OR GLASSES!IT'S THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN REFRACTIVE SURGERY AND IS OFFERED AT OUR CENTER. SEE SUPERVISION HEADING TO THE FAR LEFT ON THIS PAGE.
- SEE "BAIT AND SWITCH" ARTICLE AT FAR LEFT OF THIS PAGE FOR AN INVESTIGATIVE REPORT ON LASER VISION INSTITUTE AND THE "SUPPOSED" $299 LASIK!
- THE FDA HAS LAUNCHED A NEW OBJECTIVE, NEUTRAL SITE TO PROVIDE UNBIASED INFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC REGARDING LASIK SURGERY."CLICK" THE ARTICLE AT FAR LEFT FOR MORE INFORMATION. AFTER PERUSING OUR SITE,PLEASE VISIT THE FDA SITE AT www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik
- THE VISX3 AND TECHNOLAS LASERS HAVE ARRIVED ARE NOW BEING USED ON ALL PHOENIX OPHTHALMOLOGISTS LASER VISION CENTER REFRACTIVE SURGERIES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE THE ARTICLES AT FAR LEFT "CLICK" CENTER
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), has published guidelines for laser surgery to help patients choose a doctor and know what questions to ask and what tests should be performed before laser surgery.
(See ASCRS article on far left of this page for the complete "guidelinesd" article)
- DR. GARY MACKMAN PERFORMED THE FIRST LIVE LASIK ON CHANNEL 3 TV IN MARCH/2000
- DR. GARY MACKMAN BROUGHT THE FIRST FDA APPROVED EXCIMER LASER TO THE PHOENIX AREA AND PERFORMED THE FIRST EXCIMER LASER PROCEDURES ON THIS LASER